This site is for Dove Canyon Homeowners and their dogs.



Please feel free to share information and tips about our canine pets. It's also a forum where we can exchange idea's and gain community support for an off leash play area.



Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Diva



Two years ago we were a Cat family, however after years of daily begging from our daughter for a dog, Harold and I decided that at the age of 8, my daughter was finally ready for the responsibility of a puppy. So, we all researched the type of dog we wanted. We wanted a dog that didn't shed and was fairly active so it would force me to walk more. We debated size, breed, shelter vs. breeder, etc.. so finally we went to the OC Pet Fair and decided to check them all out. After looking at so many dogs, we came across the Portugese Water Dog and finally Harold said he loves this dog, Maya instantly and whole heartedly said she did too, so we came home and I went on-line and found a Breeder in Arizona whose PWD had recently given birth to 9 pups. She sent pictures and we were hooked. In June, we drove to Scottsdale, had a mini-vacation and picked up our new 9 week old puppy. Diva stayed in Maya's lap pretty much the entire way home and our lives had been changed forever.

Now I never considered myself much of a dog person, but walking Diva opened up a whole new world for me. Of course her personality won me over and we came to meet and know so many wonderful people and their dogs. Two years ago I would never have thought that in a million years I would start a dog blog, but here we are. Thanks to my birthday Puppy Diva!

No comments:

Post a Comment